If you're planning a visit to North Woolwich, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Exploring the Royal Victoria Dock – Take a stroll along the Royal Victoria Dock to explore the area's history, from its roots as a major industrial port to its current use as a residential and leisure area. Visit one of the many attractions in the area, such as the Emirates Air Line, the Royal Victoria Dock Bridge, the iconic Canning Town Clock Tower, and the historic Royal Victoria Dock Railway Station.
- Visiting the Museum of London Docklands – Step back in time and explore the history of London at the Museum of London Docklands. Learn about the history of maritime trade and how it shaped the city, as well as the impact of immigration on London.
- Shopping at the Excel Centre – Head to the Excel Centre for a shopping spree. With hundreds of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues, there's something for everyone.
- Enjoying a Meal at North Woolwich – North Woolwich has plenty of restaurants and pubs to choose from. Sample some of the local cuisine, such as fish and chips or a classic roast dinner.
- Visiting the Cutty Sark – Explore the Cutty Sark, one of the world's most famous clipper ships. Take a tour of the ship and learn about its illustrious history, or just marvel at the beautiful 19th century vessel.
- Taking a Cruise on the Thames – Take a cruise along the Thames and explore some of London's iconic landmarks. Enjoy a unique view of the city from the river and take in the sights of the Tower of London, the Houses of Parliament, and the London Eye.
- Exploring the Thames Barrier Park – Take a walk through the Thames Barrier Park and enjoy the stunning views of the city from the banks of the Thames. The park is a great spot for a picnic, or just to enjoy the peace and quiet of the river.
- Cycling at the Greenway – Follow the Greenway, a 5-mile cycle route that takes you along the banks of the Thames. The route is scenic and peaceful, and is a great way to explore the area.
- Playing Football at Beckton Park – Head to Beckton Park and take part in a pick-up game of football. The park is home to some excellent football pitches and is a great spot for a kickabout.
- Visiting the East India Dock – Take a stroll through the East India Dock, one of the most important docks in the world. Learn about its history and explore the surrounding area, with its Victorian warehouses and wharves.
- Exploring the Woolwich Foot Tunnel – Descend into the Woolwich Foot Tunnel for a unique experience. The tunnel was built in 1902 and is a great spot for a walk, with spectacular views of the river and the city.
- Taking a Ferry Ride – Take a ferry from North Woolwich to Greenwich or Canary Wharf. Enjoy the views of the city from the river and take in the sights of these two iconic areas of London.
- Touring the Royal Arsenal – Take a tour of the historic Royal Arsenal, home to some of the world's most famous weapons. Learn about the history of the arsenal and the role it played in the defence of London.
- Visiting the Thames Barrier – Head to the Thames Barrier and marvel at this impressive feat of engineering. Learn about its history and find out how it works to protect the city from flooding.
- Enjoying a Picnic at King George V Park – Pack a picnic and head to King George V Park. The park is a great spot for a stroll, with some lovely views of the city skyline.
There are many things to see and do near North Woolwich. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!