If you're planning a visit to Teddington Lock, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Boat Trip – Enjoy a leisurely boat ride along the River Thames, and take in the beauty of Teddington Lock. From here, you can admire the London skyline as you journey downstream to nearby attractions such as Hampton Court Palace and Kew Gardens.
- Stroll Through Bushy Park – Take a pleasant stroll through this historic Royal Park, which is home to a wide variety of wildlife. Keep an eye out for red and fallow deer, and admire the majestic trees and wildflower meadows.
- Visit Strawberry Hill House – This 18th-century gothic villa was designed by Horace Walpole, who was the son of Britain's first Prime Minister, Sir Robert Walpole. Wander through the fairytale-like gardens and explore the house itself.
- Take a Picnic to the Riverside – Relax by the river and enjoy a picnic with friends or family. You can even hire a boat from the nearby Hampton Ferry and bring your own food and drinks onboard.
- Try Your Hand at Fishing – Take advantage of the great fishing at Teddington Lock, and have a go at catching some of the local carp. You'll need to obtain a fishing licence in advance.
- Go Shopping – Visit the nearby Teddington High Street, where you can browse a range of independent shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Check Out the Local Markets – Explore the weekly farmers' market, the Saturday craft market and the popular Sunday flea market.
- Take a Walk Along the Thames Path – Take a leisurely stroll along the Thames Path, which follows the river from Teddington to nearby Kingston upon Thames. Enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way.
- Visit the National Trust's Hampton Court Palace – Explore the beautiful grounds of this 16th-century palace, which was once home to Henry VIII. Admire the stunning state rooms and gardens, and take a guided tour to learn more about the palace's history.
- Enjoy the Local Culture – Take part in the popular Riverside Arts Festival, which is held each summer in Teddington. Enjoy music, art and theatre performances in the park, and explore the food and craft stalls.
- Explore the Local Museums – Visit the local Hampton Hill Playhouse, which hosts theatre performances, and the nearby Kingston Museum, which houses a range of artefacts and displays.
- Have a Meal at a Pub – Enjoy a meal at one of the many local pubs, such as The Anglers and The White Swan.
- Take a Tour of the Lock – Take a tour of Teddington Lock and learn about its history and the important role it plays in controlling the ebb and flow of the River Thames.
- Go for a Swim – Take a dip in the nearby Teddington Outdoor Swimming Pool, which is open during the summer months.
- Take a Trip to Richmond Park – Take a trip to nearby Richmond Park, one of London's largest Royal Parks. Admire the stunning views and take part in the various activities and events that are held throughout the year.
There are many things to see and do near Teddington Lock. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!