If you're planning a visit to Putney Bridge, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Picnic in Putney Park – Pack a picnic and head to Putney Park, located just a short walk from Putney Bridge. Enjoy a peaceful afternoon in this lush green space, with plenty of benches and even a children’s playground.
- Stroll Along the Thames – Putney Bridge is situated right on the River Thames, so take the opportunity to go for a leisurely stroll along the riverside. Enjoy views of Putney Pier and take in the sights of the river.
- Shopping in Putney – Spend some time shopping in Putney, which is home to a range of high street stores, independent boutiques and more. From antiques to modern fashion, there’s something for every shopper.
- Visit Wandsworth Park – Wandsworth Park is a great place to visit for some outdoor fun. Whether you want to relax in the park’s café, take a leisurely stroll around the lake, or play some tennis, there’s something for everyone.
- Play at the Putney Paddle – Putney Paddle is an outdoor adventure centre that offers activities such as kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding. Enjoy the great outdoors with a spot of water sports fun on the River Thames.
- Take a Boat Trip – The Putney Pier is the perfect starting point for a boat trip down the River Thames. Enjoy the sights of London from the river, and take in the history of the area as you travel.
- Explore Putney’s History – Putney has an interesting history, and there are plenty of places to explore. Take a tour of the Grade I listed All Saints Church, visit the Putney Bridge Museum, or explore the Putney Exchange.
- See a Show at The Half Moon Theatre – Just a short walk from Putney Bridge, The Half Moon Theatre is a great place to catch a show. From musicals to drama, this venue has something for everyone.
- Enjoy the Putney Arts Theatre – The Putney Arts Theatre is a great place to visit for a night of entertainment. They host a range of shows, from plays to musicals, and the venue is sure to have something for everyone.
- Visit the Putney Library – The Putney Library is a great place to spend some time, whether you’re looking for a book or a quiet place to relax. With plenty of comfortable seating and a wide range of books, it’s the perfect spot for an afternoon.
- Wander Around Putney’s Markets – Putney’s markets are a great way to spend an afternoon. Whether you’re looking for a bargain, want to pick up some local produce, or just want to browse the stalls, there’s something for everyone.
- Take a Dip at the Pool in the Park – Pool in the Park is a great place to cool off in the summer months. With a heated outdoor pool, a spa, and a gym, it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- Sample the Local Cuisine – With a range of restaurants, pubs and cafes, Putney is a great place to sample the local cuisine. Whether you’re looking for a traditional pub meal or something more exotic, there’s something for everyone.
- Enjoy a Spot of Golf – Putney has a number of golf courses, from the prestigious Roehampton Golf Club to the more relaxed Rotherfield Golf Club. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced golfer, there’s something for everyone.
- Visit the Putney Art and Craft Centre – The Putney Art and Craft Centre is a great place to find unique gifts and souvenirs. With a range of handmade items, from jewellery to pottery, there’s something for everyone.
There are many things to see and do near Putney Bridge. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!