If you're planning a visit to Richmond, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Richmond Park – Richmond Park is an expansive, historic park and one of the largest in London. It's a great spot for a walk, with plenty of wildlife, trees, and grassy meadows.
- Hampton Court Palace – This royal palace is an impressive sight, built for Henry VIII in the 16th century. It includes beautiful grounds and gardens, historic interiors and even a maze.
- Kew Gardens – The world-famous Kew Gardens feature over 50,000 species of plants, trees, and shrubs. There are also several glasshouses, a treetop walkway, and a gallery.
- Twickenham Stadium – Take a tour of the home of English rugby and explore the stands, the changing rooms, and the players' tunnel.
- Syon Park – Syon Park is a large estate with formal gardens and a woodland area. It's also home to a historic house and an impressive Great Conservatory.
- Richmond Hill – Enjoy a walk along Richmond Hill and take in the views of the Thames and the surrounding area.
- Richmond Theatre – Catch a show at the Richmond Theatre, which has been entertaining audiences since 1899.
- Richmond Hill Gallery – This small gallery showcases modern and contemporary art from local and international artists.
- The National Trust’s Ham House – This 17th century house is full of Tudor and Jacobean furniture and artwork. It's a great spot to explore and learn about the history of the area.
- Richmond Ice Rink – Take a spin around the ice at Richmond Ice Rink, or take part in a public skating session.
- Bushy Park – Bushy Park is the second-largest of London’s Royal Parks and is home to plenty of wildlife. There are also several ponds and lakes, as well as historic monuments.
- London Wetland Centre – This nature reserve features wetlands, meadows, and ponds. It's an ideal spot for bird-watching and for exploring the local flora and fauna.
- Marble Hill Park – This Georgian mansion and its parkland are a great spot for a stroll and a picnic.
- The Royal Botanic Gardens – Explore the stunning gardens of the Royal Botanic Gardens, which feature over 30,000 species of plants.
- Thames Path – Take a walk along the Thames Path and enjoy the views of the river and the surrounding area.
There are many things to see and do near Richmond. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!